We’re bioengineered to be extraordinary and the moment we get stuck and struggle to get out of a situation, we are deceiving ourselves.
As you probably already know, our appetite for failure is crucial if we are to succeed. The moment we begin to feel we cannot handle more rejection is the moment to confront ourselves with what we need to change. Rejection is information – the fertile soil of innovation.
When you are the calm in the chaos of rejection and a downturn in the economy, you will notice opportunities that can make you as much if not more profit than when things were going well.
In business, it’s important not to give your power away to the market boom and bust cycle and know that people are in need of exceptional products and services every day. In a relationship, its important to know that the abundance of love is there and it is our responsibility not stop being tricked into fear, doubt, judgment and even hate.
Here are a few things to help you detach from the illusion of scarcity and the mental prison that locks you into obstacles: –
1. Go for a walk and just feel your environment again. This will loosen you up and allow that intuition to flow again.
2. Find a fun and creative exercise or game to distract you for a little while. This will open up your mind to possibilities in a safe place where consequences do not matter.
3. Seek out those that exude optimism and allow them to rebalance you. Your critical thinking helps define the problem but the ideas from someone already in that flow can re-spark your imagination and help you to craft a great solution or a better approach.
4. Commit to a group brainstorm session on the central challenge, but where no idea is good or bad, just ideas. In work or a relationship, discipline yourself and others to just open right up and dream big. You will be surprised at what evolves out of that and inspires you into purposeful action.
5. Look at other industries who are leading their field and see how some of their ideas can be powerful innovations in your industry.
Always be skeptical of stubborn problems. Assume that you are the problem in the way you are imagining how your products and services, systems and procedures need to be.
As Albert Einstein has said, “You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it.”
The way you think is the way you are imagining. The key to innovation is to re-imagine a better way. This is the only way your appetite for failure can be satisfied.
What ways have you found that have helped you get unstuck from obstacles? From asking better questions to detaching through, hobbies, music or other activities, please feel free to share.
George Helou is the founder of EP7 – Empowered for Purpose in 7 Steps. Life Coach, Work Culture Consultant, Author and Motivational Speaker, George has 15 years personal development experience and is based in his Life Coach Perth Office in Subiaco. 08 9380 8350. www.lifecoachperth.com